This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
What a Lovely Time
Private  — Nate
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Adam

"Hm." Adam shrugged, not knowing what he thought Shaju and by extension Sunjata capable of. Maybe it was because of his family history, but he had never quite been able to drop the idea that everyone on the Plates was inherently untrustworthy, constantly scheming the best ways to hurt and undermine the Drenchers beneath them.

There was a comfort in the way Nate's arm stayed around his shoulders, the solid and simple nature of it and how it was normal. He'd never had much contact that stayed around after one night - though the way Nate whispered in his ear certainly made his mind go to night time sorts of activities. Fully ignoring the attempt to get rid of his God-given snark window, he first replied: "Are you flirting with me at the fancy Plates event? They're gonna die of shock."

Then, though, what Nate had said (and the stares) hit him and he laughed too, leaning back against a wall and shaking his head. "Nah, nah, we need to make one higher than this one to get back at them, then they can make one higher, then we make another, til we're up at the sun."
I'm the gap between a tragedy and comedy
Don't come at me
I'm the main character and you have to like me
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
climbing the ladder, faster and faster
impending disaster goes faster, and—
Fingers tap against a swathe of bared dark skin, Nate making sure to play up the gesture. “I think they could use the excitement.” Breath brushes against Adam’s throat, a faint pressure that grows fainter as Nate leans back. He sneers at the scandalized faces and focuses back on his companion, his head cocked lazily.

It sounds awful, honestly. “If we do that, then…” Nate has to wander after his point, forgetting where he’d been going when he opened his mouth. “Its like nothing changes, isn’t it?” There had to be some moral or lesson in that, but in the state Nate’s in (that he’s sure they’re both in) it’s just a bummer.
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"Mm.." Adam hummed again, this time softer, as his head lolled a little towards Nate and the soft breath, his eyes darting around the area to look for a dark corner or alley where they could have a private moment, but he decided against it before he'd even gotten halfway around. If he was going to get in trouble in the Plates, he'd rather do it with pants on.

A little annoyed Nate was taking his joke so seriously, Adam shrugged. Personally, he still found the idea of Plates continuing up into the sky like a demented block of flats quite funny.

He was about to down his drink and get another when he noticed a man staring at them. Clearly a Plates resident, his mask studded with sapphires and his pose controlled, the guest had medals on his chest and a stiff gait as he walked over. Green eyes gazed out over Adam and Nate, the long drags up and down clearly meant to be insulting, until finally their new friend spoke: "I wasn't aware that being half naked counted as a costume."
Don't come at me
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
climbing the ladder, faster and faster
impending disaster goes faster, and—
It would be a lie to say Nate’s mind doesn’t wander in the same direction as Adam’s, a handful of dark alcoves looking awfully inviting. Leaning in, he’s about to whisper the idea agaisnt Adam’s ear when he catches sight of the man staring them down, and a warm but resigned sigh breezes against the other man instead.

Eyes on them are never good, especially not in a place like this, but Nate holds his tongue and his cool. His free hand brushes up and down his chest, inviting the interloper to look longer, to really enjoy the view.

Nate’s hand tightens around Adam’s shoulder as he sizes up the clear blue bottom complaining at them, ready to tug the other man into motion if needed. “It was gonna be more impressive, but we got busy and forgot the good bits in your dads bed.” He jeers back, making sure to press as much of a sneer as he can into every word.
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
Adam could only blink a couple of times at the Plater's comment, too drunk to come up with a truly devestating come back beyond just being incomphrensibly horny and defiant. Thankfully, Nate was more prepared and came out with a line that punched a surprised laugh out of him.

The noble did not seem to find this quite as funny. Drawing himself up with a horrified gust of air brought into his nostrils, he shook his head as he looked Nate up and down (not in the way Nate may have wanted him to). However, all he had to say before leaving them to their business was a simple: "Classless." With that, he turned heel and walked off, presumably to tell other Platers about the Drench whores stood over there.

Still suffering from occasional giggles, Adam leaned on Nate's shoulder with an amused sigh. "Let's get another fuckin' drink."

{END}
Don't come at me